NYSAOHN President's Message
Dear NYSAOHN Members and Friends,
I'm very honored to serve as your Association President for the next two years and am looking forward to collaborating and networking with you all.
The Board of Directors is focusing on two initiatives in 2018 to meet member needs:
- Providing regular and ongoing communication with members through:
- Developing educational programming for members:
- Attend the 2018 NYSAOHN conference in person or virtually!
- When: June 8, 2018 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, East Syracuse, NY
- Registration Fee: $99.00
- AAOHN 5.25 CNE pending
- Exam of the Upper Extremity - Jack Kerns, MD and Diane Olejar, MSN, ANP-BC
- Navigating Legacy WC Claims to Closure - Lynn Forth, Esq.
- The Opioid Epidemic: How Did It Happen? What Can We Do Now? A Review of Treatment, Management and Weaning - Donald Jacob, MD
- Occupational Health: It's Not Just a Job, But a Business - Kim Olszewski, DNP, CRNP, COHN-S, FAAOHN
Lastly, I wish to share with you some of the chapter challenges that have potential implications for the future structure of NYSAOHN, so you can provide input. AAOHN faces several challenges. With 102 local or state chapters, each chapter has individual incorporation and varying dues structures. The struggles with member engagement and decreasing involvement are not new, yet there is great interest in growing and meeting the needs of members. This may require a very different chapter model. AAOHN is asking for your input! If you weren't able to attend the live presentation of The State of AAOHN on January 31st, visit the Membership Meetings page to watch the recorded version and download the slides to hear the updates. Don't forget to fill out the Chapter Challenges worksheet on chapter challenge proposals.
If I can assist you in any way, contact me via the Contact Us button on the NYSAOHN website home page https://nysaohn.nursingnetwork.com/
Pat Sadowski, BSN, RN, COHN-S/CM, Retired