UPS Occupational Health Nurse Job Opening - East Syracuse, NY
If interested in this job opening, contact the recruiter directly:
Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Location: East Syracuse, NY 13057
Duration: Approx.12+ Month Contract
Hours: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Principal Duties And Responsibilities:
The Occupational Health Nurse has responsibility for oversight of UPS occupational health programs and other health-related issues. The OHS/OHM functions as a health consultant and program manager, working with UPS management, employees, outside medical providers, community resources and other vendors. Job responsibilities/knowledge areas include, but are not limited to; Department of Transportation Examination Compliance, Controlled Substance Testing, Drug and Alcohol Program/Aftercare, Disability Management, Management of Work Related Injury/Illness Claims, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Process/UPS Waiver Protocol, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Crisis Management, Hearing Conservation Program Compliance, Respiratory Medical Compliance, Health Education/Wellness Programs, and Medical Provider Management. These responsibilities will require the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) to travel to UPS buildings as well as UPS medical providers to provide training and education to both UPS employees and vendors. Some overnight travel will be required as well.
• Manage injuries/illnesses in the Temporary Alternate Work (TAW) program
• Develops and documents Return to Work plans for employees in TAW
• Maintains documentation in SHRMIS
• Communicates with employees, medical providers, third party administrators, and operations managers
• Compiles / provide reports as needed
• Support assigned district in relevant activities related to employees returning to work from personal illness/injury.
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers for injury care as well as DOT and other necessary employee examinations.
• Work with Labor, Operations, and Health and Safety management to evaluate and maintain TAW appropriate job assignments.
• Collaborates with Risk Management to identify process improvement regarding TPA and its vendors
• Develop, implement, and evaluate wellness activities and programs
• Support corporate wellness programs
• Mentor and support wellness champions
• Assess safety data to develop and implement injury prevention activities and programs
• Develop, implement and evaluate injury and illness prevention activities in targeted buildings
• Conduct training with individuals, small groups, or via conference calls as needed
• Knowledge of federal regulations in regards to FMCSA, ADAA, FMLA, OSHA recordkeeping, and OSHA surveillance programs
• Knowledge of specific State regulations as it pertains to personal medical leave and accommodation programs
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers (Vendor Management)
• Assess effectiveness of Companywide regulatory programs by conducting and / or participating in corporate audits
• Registered Nurse license
• Prefer COHN, COHN-S, and/or CCM
• 3-5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and/or Emergency Room nursing
• 1-2 years’ experience in Case Management
Additional Job Details:
MUST have Registered Nurse license There may be two or three trips that will require overnight travel to two night travel in the course of a year to UPS Small Package Operations. There is some travel to other UPS locations the district, in total probably 10-20% of the time, and there is no overnight needed with that type of travel, unless there is a multi day training being presented. There is reimbursement for hotel, mileage, and meals up to $50 per day when the travel is overnight, mileage for travel to other locations.
Please call me as soon as possible on my number , so that I can qualify and submit your updated resume for this position. Send us a copy of your latest Word formatted resume with current contact information and the preferred means of communicating with you.
Also, be aware that our client conducts a criminal background check/ Test for Drug of Abuse on candidates who are extended offers for employment. Therefore, please let us know if you have anything in your background that could possibly prevent you from working with our client.
About LanceSoft, Inc.
Who we are:
In business since 2000, LanceSoft is a nationally certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that has established itself as a pioneer in providing highly scalable, cost-effective workforce solutions to a diverse set of customers across various industries in the United States. Headquartered in Virginia, LanceSoft currently operates out of several locations in the US and Canada.
What we do:
We implement our metric-driven processes to offer a unique mix of cost-effective staffing solutions to our clients that include – temporary, temp to perm and permanent staffing of IT and Non-IT professionals. We distinguish ourselves with our “high-touch” approach and offer lasting relationships by consistently delivering high value to our clients.
What you can expect from us:
At LanceSoft, we provide a dynamic work environment that continuously nurtures innovation, strategic thinking and creativity complemented by strict process controls. Our approach to do business adds value to the services we offer giving it a “personal touch”. LanceSoft’s team, hand-picked from the best, comprises of agile employees who continually focus on how they can positively impact the business growth. With motivation and positive interpersonal support at work, LanceSoft team operates in an efficient work environment maximizing the employee output and making the most of organizational resources.
Want to know more about us?
Thanks and Regards,